We’re inviting people with type 2 diabetes to join a Consumer Advisory Group.
The group will provide direct input into the development and testing of a new resource about injectable medications for people with type 2 diabetes. The group will provide feedback on content, format, and design of the resource. They will help to make sure the final product is relevant, helpful, and clear for other people with type 2 diabetes.
The Consumer Advisory Group will include up to 6 people with diabetes, and will meet face-to-face in North Melbourne five times over the next 12 months. Each meeting will take 1-2 hours.
To be able to join the group you must:
- Have type 2 diabetes and be currently taking diabetes medications (tablets or injections)
- Be aged over 18 years old
- Be able to speak and read English
- Be able to attend face-to-face group meetings in North Melbourne
- Be available to attend the first meeting on Wednesday 17th OR Friday 19th of October (Tell us which day you prefer)
- Be willing to contribute to a group discussion and share your thoughts, ideas, and feedback
- Be respectful and considerate of others and their opinions.
All Consumer Advisory Group member will receive a $25 Gift card for every meeting attended to thank them for their time.
To apply, please send a short email or letter responding the below:
- Name, contact details
- Gender, age, diabetes type, diabetes treatment.
- What is your availability: weekdays or weekends; mornings, afternoon or evenings?
- Why are you interested in being part of a Consumer Advisory Group?
- What skills, attributes or experience will help you contribute to the Consumer Advisory Group?
Applications due September 30th 2018. Please send application letters to: Dr Elizabeth Holmes-Truscott at email@example.com; or 570 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne 3000, Victoria Australia
If you would like more information please contact Elizabeth on firstname.lastname@example.org or (03) 9244 6357.