What is this project about?
The ACBRD will soon be starting a research project on setting the research agenda for improving the health and quality of life of people affected by diabetes. Together with people with diabetes and their family members, we will undertake research to define the Top 10 priorities for future research. We are currently looking for people to join our project steering group.
What will be expected of the steering group?
- To actively collaborate with the ACBRD research team in developing each step of the project, such as providing input on the questions to ask.
- To participate in 5 virtual meetings over a 12-month period. Each meeting is expected to take 1-2 hours. Dates will depend on the progress of the project.
- You will receive a $50 gift voucher for each meeting you attend, in thanks for your time.
Who can join the steering group?
- We are looking for
○ up to 8 adults with diabetes (also women who had gestational diabetes) or family members of someone with diabetes
○ people aged 18 years and over
○ people who live in Australia
- We encourage people from rural or regional areas, First Nations people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to volunteer. It would be great to have a variety of ‘voices’ represented in the group to help us shape this research project.
Who do I contact to get more information?
How to apply?
As we are looking for a diverse representation in the steering group, we would like to ask you to complete a few questions about yourself. We will purposively select from those who have shown an interest in taking part.
Please have your responses in by 6th August 2021