We have developed a series of seven factsheets each focused on a different emotional health topic. The factsheets provide tips on coping and indicate where people can seek further support. Sharing experiences with other people can be very helpful, so there is also a factsheet about peer support.
The factsheets were developed as part of the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS) Mental Health and Diabetes National Development Programme. The NDSS is an initiative of the Australian Government administered with the assistance of Diabetes Australia.
To obtain a copy of each factsheet click on the links below.
- Diabetes distress
- Adjusting to life with diabetes
- Fear of hypoglycaemia
- Concerns about starting insulin
- Diabetes and anxiety
- Diabetes and depression
- Diabetes and disordered eating
- Peer support for diabetes
- When and how a psychologist can support me
- When and how psychologists can support people with diabetes
- Diabetes care and COVID-19 fact sheet
- Managing worry about COVID-19 and diabetes
You may also like to visit these sections for further information.