We are conducting a study with the Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute, La Trobe University, Centre for Eye Research Australia and Monash University to understand more about type 2 diabetes and its complications.
To be eligible to take part you must…
- Live in Melbourne
- Have type 2 diabetes
Whether you have had diabetes for a short or a long time; whether you are doing well or have problems with diabetes, you can be an important part of this study.
What is involved?
Everyone who take part have a comprehensive diabetes assessment. This will involve:
- A range of blood and urine checks
- A comprehensive eye examination and eye scan
- Your memory and mental agility
- Your physical function
You will receive the results of these tests.
We will keep track of your health over the coming years. Over time, we will be able to use the powerful and comprehensive information from the initial assessment to find ways of predicting who does and who doesn’t develop serious consequences of diabetes.
What are the benefits of taking part?
- You will be helping us to better understand the complications of type 2 diabetes, and find ways of reducing their development
- You will have a free and comprehensive assessment of your diabetes
- A report of your diabetes will be provided to you and to your doctor
If you are interested in participating or would like to further information, please contact:
T: +61 8532 1840
Click here to learn more about the PREDICT study and take part